Geni member
  • Private
    Geni member
  • Geni member
  • Private
    Geni member

Related Projects:

Showing 1111-1140 of 1468 posts

Alex Moes I am a Lifetime Pro member and I will collaborate with anyone. That way I can see what areas they are working in through my news feed and can lend a hand if they want help This is especially good for new members so I can point them in the right direction about entering their families.

For Pros also - collaboration enables resolving conflicting data

Let me put it this way. I have rarely had anything bad or not fixable happen because of collaboration. In the standard collaboration request form you can add a comment as to "why" such as "collaboration pool."

Private User

Private User to join the pool go to the Collaboration Pool project page, in the top right corner use the Actions button then choose Join Project.

Jill Anne Bogdanowicz-Wilson

I'm willing to collaborate, I only ask that notes I have in profiles are left and not deleted. Thanks!

I think the project page needs a rewrite, the fact that people continue to come to this discussion and type @yourname indicates that the text of the page is confusing... or are we still supposed to type @yourname here when we join? I'm confused.
Case in point, "ipso facto" if latin is your thing.

@ricklakin I am in

I'm glad they still come here. I get messages from here telling me they're in. I don't get messages from the project.

I was thinking the same thing today,
perhaps just that no one makes discussions here?
I have one planned but too late for tonight, check again tomorrow :)

Marsha Gail Veazey
Mystery solved!
This conversation is not linked to the project, so at some point you have chosen to Unfollow the project's discussions. That is why you are not updated when conversations linked to the project are updated.
As you have a some point in the past posted to this discussion Geni will have defaulted you to follow this conversation.
So if you no longer want to see @yourname every other day Unfollow this discussion and then go to the Collaboration Project Discussions page and follow it so that you remain upto date with what people talk about there.

Alex, I checked and I'm still following the project.

would like to join cooaboration pool judy rice

@ i would like to collborate rather then merge profiles because i ran into problems and it was very hard to fix judy

Merging can cause a lot of problems. So can colliboration! I guess you just have to pick and choose and hope for the best!

@by collaborating i hope i do not run into problems i had when i merged profiles took so long to clean up the mess i will think twice about merging profiles judy

Private User

how can collaborating cause a problem let me know i am new at collaborating i thought it might be better then merging will not merge profiles any more judy

Private User Some people are paranoid about collaborating. They worry about other people editing what they consider to be "their" tree. I don't have any problem with collaborating and in fact have 959 collaborators
Carefully merging is important to eliminate duplicate profiles and your collaborators who are Pro members can help non Pro members with them
That being said, this discussion is supposed to be a place where persons who wish to collaborate post their names. It is off topic to discuss the pros and cons of collaboration. There are other discussions regarding that and merging
Feel free to contact me privately thru the message system.

@thks Eldon for your advice will keep you in mind when i run into a problem judy rice

@judy rice i am in

They do edit and do change info and refuse to change back so you are stuck with misinformation.No matter how much info you can provide that proves you are correect thjey will not fix. So collaboration is not my favorit thing and I am not being parranoid about it. Just have had problems. I do colaborate but not often.

i find the collaboration pool just great i get to meet so many new relatives judy rice

Yes you can meet some nice people.

James Chesley Roth I'm really enjoying this. Thanks everyone!

I have just had several people including person suddenly become managers of info I just put in and hadn't had a chang e to edit. I did not merge but they merged me . I did not colaborated and I am not going to.DMD changed info. This is why I left Geni before. If this is how it;s going to be then I will remove everythibg I recently put in. I was the only manager and that's I wanted it for the time being,

Judy the way to protect data is for a profile to be made MP and sourced out. You know that and you know that we all have common ancestors. Merging is not the problem.

Showing 1111-1140 of 1468 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion