Geni member
  • Private
    Geni member
  • Geni member
  • Private
    Geni member

Related Projects:

Showing 751-780 of 1468 posts

Lauri and Joel, same here - so many never accepted my request, also sent with "Collaboration Pool" included.
Joel, maybe those who question you have forgotten they signed up? Or don't really know what it means??
I have to do some catching up now, with all the new names here.

@Lauri, Joel and Janice just a suggestion

Cancel those requests

Request to Collaborate again but this time erase 'XXXXX please accept my request to collaborate so we can build our family tree together' and type in "From Collaboration Pool'

See if you are more successful

@michelle Parish

Did I do this correctly??

I am in with the collaboration... I am quite often slow to respond, but am on at least once a week, so please be patient with me... I am just learning all this!!

THANKS!

I have accepted all colaboration requests withthe caveat that I will not be working on this until after the holidays.

Perhaps this is another reason for moving Collaboration Pool to a project - to keep the list up-to-date and include people who are active at the moment.

This list also shows who are already your collaborators (there is a link to 'View Tree')
http://www.geni.com/projects/followers/Collaboration-Pool

I vote to leave this as it is. I get notices when new people sign up, I come here and click their names, I request collaboration. Very clean.

I agree with Marsha. Please don't make this a project.

I third that motion.

You are right, Marsha, simply by following the project there are no notifications.
However, by joining the project, everyone will see "updated project" in their notifications, the same as for discussions.
I updated the project description.
Whenever someone requests to join the project, one of the collaborators (currently 15) has to accept it. The request will disappear when it's been accepted.

Since the collaboration sign doesn't show in the project listing, it would be impossible to switch to the project. If it showed, then we would be able to easily see who isn't a collaborator and add them.

Michelle it was done properly..

@Brendan
There was a link to 'View Tree' when I was writing this post today:
http://www.geni.com/discussions/74031?msg=653671
(right of 'Follow', under 'View Profile').
Now it only shows that for family group members.
Perhaps it's a kind of a side-effect of surname projects and will be back soon.
Would be nice to have the collaboration sign as well.

I do agree Brendan, a Collaborator sign would be nice in the list. Would be easy to see who you have or not

From now on I shall be grateful(inescapable) to stop the collaboration of the co-workers which does not let see their family tree. While I do not prevent him(it).
Myriam

(from site reverso)

Do you know who animal have skin and cells walls? Without that organism will die for first infection. Imagine terrorist come in willing to do do as much damage as possible. Walls are obstacle, but they keep system alive by localizing possible damage.

Myriam, it seems that Geni has stopped collaborators from seeing each others trees. http://www.geni.com/help/privacy

I have some 5 - 10 non collaborating collaborators (didn't respond to Request) even though I have used: "Welcome to the Collaboration Pool. Please accept my request to collaborate. Thanks,
Kind regards
Michael Trevor Lancaster"
In every request

Why not, - I don't see a reason why collaboration, which is meant to be for public profiles should give access to see my family profiles.

Private User@Heshy

Private User@Heshy

Private User

Private User

@ Fred Bergman
User:Bergsmit

Fred Bergman

Sharon Doubell

Is there a reason why when I look at my merge file, or folder, that it states that I have a requested merge, and then when I go in there is no merge listed? also, I am unable to make this merge happen
http://www.geni.com/list/merge_issues It is a Pope profile merge....

@Sally, is just a "bug" it will be gone normaly after few hours.
In this time of the day Geni seems to have some delay

Sally, If this does not clear up over time, you may check to see whether you registered under two different email addresses. If so, you'll have to log in to the other email address and accept the merge. --happened to me this way

I am not part of the pool !!!

Showing 751-780 of 1468 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion