• Geni member
  • Private
    Geni member

Related Projects:

Showing 661-690 of 1468 posts

Private User@t

Im in

Trond

@Bernard Francois Lotriet.LOTRIET FAMILIE.

Private User

@Sharon Williams

I appreciate the interest in collaborating but I am inundated by emails from everywhere.. I do not know if this is good at all, and hate to add people I do not know to our Geni.. So, tks a million, but the Wesson family tree is not available anymore.. Thank you again for your interest.. Marisol WEsson

Marisol,
the REASON you received those requests was precisely because you joined this group on Oct 8th. This deluge was a one time thing, because basically, by joining, you ASKED that people send you these requests...

It's also VERY easy to change your settings, to NOT receive this type of request as an email. See here: http://www.geni.com/account_settings/notifications

Tom Cooley I am willing to participate in the collaboration pool

would it be possible that one can filter seeing the problems in "inner circle", that means the fourth great parents and up to fourth cousins. You cannot filter out of the tens of thousands of problems, that concerns you the most - that means blood relatives, close branches, far branches. Maybe even would it be possible to filter problems by "rounds". That means by how many marriages further of me. Problems concerning a certain collaborator or family group member. The previous version of Geni enabled that.

Adding me
@Peter Blair Whitfield

@Nicolaas Heyning

Anita M. Boynton

Count me in, and thanks in advance...although I am dreading watching those "pending merge issues'" jump by leaps and bounds!

@Lisette Datnow

I was reading back through these posts, looking for the discussion link.

I don't understand why anyone is concerned with WHERE a merge request came from? So what if it came from someone on here or not?

By accepting, you are showing your interest in what Geni was designed for...getting The Big Tree, with all of us on it, done. Does it matter WHO sent the merge request? I don't think so, as eventually we should all be related via The Big Tree.

I totally agree with you Anita. Lets merge away!

Anita,

It never occurred to me that it would be anything other!

It's a common goal - a single shared family tree. Look at how many ancestors we discover together. It's so much fun, and if it means we have to put in some work merging, well, the results are very much worth it to me.

i like ur comments anita and erica :)

Erica, Anita Sherri:
I also agree with you. I don't understand the reasoning of the curators replies to my post on page 11 of the Attention Curators please assist discussion.
http://www.geni.com/discussions/6000000009835758162?msg=60000000102...
I think we should merge any good one one we find.

Eldon,

As far as merging goes, please merge! I count on you:) I was thinking where you might need help breaking of incorrect parent relationships, that's all.

http://www.geni.com/people/%D8%A7%D8%AD%D9%85%D8%AF/600000000247316...

Thank you!

Can you tell me how to write your name in English? You are so nice and I feel terrible addressing you only by your URL ....

its "ahmad" and thats written in arabic, but i understand for those apprehensions to collaborate with me just incase i just change everyone's tree into arabic hehe, believe me i wouldnt do such a thing nor would i have time :)

my only main concerns is the two profiles: Sayid Hasan and sultan sharif ali...

Ahmad, so far you're a wonderful collaborator and I'm very appreciative of your help.

I am interested in your tree as well. You showed it to me a few weeks ago and I found it very interesting reading. Please keep building, I'd love to see where it goes historically. Does it connect with the Ottoman Empire? Other Empires or dynasties?

lol, i m not much of a historic buff but hopefully as time passes by and more collaborators , more research will be put into the tree...

Would "Akhmed" be a fair transiliteration of your name?

lol, thanks for the query,

it sounds the same to me, so i dun really mind hehe

Nice learning

thanks brendan... in arabic, ahmad and muhammad also has same meaning... which means in malay "yang terpuji" or in english Praiseworthy... just not be outdone hehe

if in doubts, we always go back to the arabic version, an thats the weird thing arabic language, the way u sound certain alphabets needs a lot practice

Showing 661-690 of 1468 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion