• Private
    Geni member
  • Geni member
  • Private
    Geni member

Related Projects:

Showing 391-420 of 1468 posts

@Mary Kathleen Arnold (Butler)

The problem is that some times a relative has information that may not be documented. A person could think thier information is correct only because, a full name wasn't documented, e.g., Margarete may have been actualy spelled Margaretha but, it wasn't recorded.

Many of these people I accepted management from Tiffany Beesley Brock. I don't have any personal knowledge of those profiles.

This discussion is to join the collab pool.

I'm in. My current frustration is with pending merge issues which, after responding to a notice of a parent conflict, I get the message, "Choosing these messages would split the tree"

Even more irritating are merge issues which cannot be resolved (usually duplicates) because a part has a "lock" on the profile, generating the message "you do not have permission to edit this profile". This is compounded by the lack of respone from the manager. @William Chandler Lanier, Jr.

Here is another problem. Merges has a link chose at the top that allows to keep all the data. When you don't know if some of it is right and you have to chose between two profiles you loose the one you don't chose. That link at the top to select all doesn't work so you can't keep it all and if you don't chose one or the other you can't complete the merge that is selecte.
As far as some people not responding to merges. Well, I had some trouble figure out how to do all of that it took me a while. I wonder if others are having the same problem. I have a cousin who's family has been involved in computer genealogy for two generations. Her husband is an employee with LDS genealogy working with computers. She finds Geni very difficult to use and is very experienced at using these type of sites. Her husband is also experienced at this. Neither of them like the site but, it is so easy to find new profiles and invite new people to it. I think that's the appeal. I wouldn't want to loose the numerous connections that I have gotten here.

That is a good idea, if you have the proper knowledge. But, it would be easier if that link I mentioned near the top of the merge decision actualy worked. The one that says Select all.

Donna,

What site does your cousin's husband recommend?

Bill

"@Donna iLine Howse"

OK

Thanks Henn!

Count me in: Mark Harold Melmed <Mark H. Melmed>

Private

@Esther ROWE Irish

@Bo Garsteen Bo Garsteen

@Richard Arthur Neary

Count me in. Would love the larger pool to work from/with

@Matthew Weaver

Private User

Does that mean that people have quit the pool? I haven't seen any messages requesting to be removed....?

Private User@Rick

Private User
i am in

Margaret, Is Jonathan Cary supposed to be a member of the "Collaboration Pool" or the "Dead Pool". Looks like he has been dead for several centuries and will have a hard time collaborating! LOL!!

Oops, Daniel, thought I clicked on the Zombie killer discussion! Don't want to collaborate with a Zombie! Could be deadly ; )

Has anyone else received a request from Kerli Reinart?

Newcomers in the collaboration pool usually don't request collaboration themselves, but she have accepted collaboration with 163 people, including me.

I am collaborating with her. I believe I sent the request -- I send out requests to new names every time Henn sends us an updated list.

Showing 391-420 of 1468 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion