• Private
    Geni member
  • Geni member
  • Private
    Geni member

Related Projects:

Showing 271-300 of 1468 posts

@David Embrey
Knud Munk accepted my collaboration request.

Knud mightn't want to accept all collaboration requests which come to him from the pool, but he is willing to complete merge requests when needed providing the information in the profiles matches, which from my point of view (having suffered much angst waiting in vain for responses to many merge requests) is okay.

OK...Geni does not show a relationship between Knud and I, so I guess I do not qualify to be a collaborator with him. I didn't realize we had to go through background checks to play in the collaboration pool. No worries, though, as everyone else is willing to play with me.

Dave.

Don't worry, Dave, Geni shows a connection between Knud & I, but still we aren't collaborating. Reassuring to know, though, that merge requests won't be ignored. And yes....everybody else certainly is not only willing, but delighted to play with you....well, sweeping generalisation on my part there, but true for this little black duck. :)

Delighted to be a part of this!
@Timothy Stones

Hey all ...

I collaborate with Knud and he's been a nice guy and willing to complete merges, he's been burnt by some really bad merges, so he's a bit gun shy. He didn't understand the intent of this pool, so forgive him for the confusion. I can't tell you how many times I have either incorrectly assumed things from email or didn't read them right or wrote stuff that was inferred different than I intended. We all don't realize how much "attitude" is lost in text.

Also, you do have to cut the non-native English speakers a lot of slack, I've helped a couple of Europeans learn the differences of how they intended something to come across and how it actually came across.

Gene

Knud also answered me the same way, that is, he would consider my merge requests. I took that to mean exactly what it meant. He would consider them. He never said he wouldn't collaborate.

I`m in on this collabvoration pool.
Nothing is more frustrated than people that have "Locked" their entries and you can see the tree and the same information, but do not respond on contact / request to merge.
Not on Geni mail system or on Facebook.

Keep up the good work

I answerd to Maria Edmonds-Zediker mail. I have not followed this disscussion. And to you Jasan. Even if english was a secondary language to many of us at school do not mean that we have learnd so much. Many of us learnd it at school 40 to 50 years ago and are not used to write or read english. If you use technical words or sentences we often loose the line.
Young people are more used to English than the elder people.

Hello!

Just as we will try to use origin languages in profile names maybe we should start writing in our native language as well.

There's always google translate!

Regarding Cecilie and the new debate on language - it was a misunderstanding of a quote Jason used.
(It's OK! I, Susanna, collaborate with everyone!)
The discussion was about Mr. Knud. He wants to choose who he collaborates with. He wrote many long letters about this to me also today.
I think that is against the intention of the Collaboration Pool. I collaborate with everybody who adds themselves to the pool (except those who ignore the rules ;)

I also think there should be a separate discussion thread on the topic "Discussions about the Collaboration Pool" - so we can have a clean pool.

Greetings from Sweden

It's no wonder there are still wars in the world.

ok ppl let us all kiss and make up now..lol

@svein seljevoll

@mary ovringmo

It was not my intent to start World War III here. I am sure Knud is a nice guy, and my previous message in no way implied that he isn't a nice guy. I was simply confused by the response to my collaboration request, when I (perhaps incorrectly) assumed if one joined the Collaboration Pool that accepting collaboration requests were automatic. I will continue to request collaboration with anyone who joins the pool, and there are any concerns by any individuals to accept my request, I will simply be gracious and withdraw my request immediately.

I apologize to Knud and to everyone else in the Pool for my confusion that led to such an uproar of discussion. Have a great day, everyone!

Dave.

Alright... I will start it.

Jason P Herbert

Al further discussion on

http://www.geni.com/discussions/6000000008814795468

Please

@Sally Thomas

Oops. Deleted one too many posts. Please collaborate with me!

Marsha Gail Veazey

@Rachel Lehman Groessel

@Anders Hessel has deleted himself from collaboration pool. He dont want more collaboration requests from the pool

In the rules for collaboration pool by Jason Peter Herbert
"3.) you may remove your name at any time by deleting your post
4.) you must respect the deleted posts as 'out of bounds' (ie., *DO NOT* send a request to a user who has deleted their post here)". Maybe Anders Hessels name could be deleted in det list of participants too?

Sorry, but I don't have time to check to see if someone has deleted themselves from the collaboration pool before I send a request. If he ignores it, that's fine with me. But to me, it seems like an all or nothing deal. Cooperate and try to make this the best family tree in the world or go totally private. Not fair, I don't think, to take data and not give some back. JMNSHO.

My Not So Humble Opinion ; <-wink

Oops. Forgot the J. J=just

Private User

@ Dana Wheatley

@JOHN REEVES

Showing 271-300 of 1468 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion