Isabella TAYLOR (Wilson) - Birth place of Isabella and her mother Ann Glascock

Started by Craig Andrew Miles on yesterday
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 2 posts

Isabella is listed as being born in Ireland. Given that Isabella's mother Ann Glascock Anne Tarpley is listed as being born in Virginia, it seems unlikely to me that both facts are correct (at this period it seems unlikely for Ann to have been born in Virginia, given birth to Isabella in Ireland then returned to the US).

Given that Isabella's father John Wilson John Wilson, of North Farnham Parish is listed as born in Ireland and there seems to be confidence that Isabella was born in Ireland, then perhaps Ann was born in the UK or Ireland before emigrating to the US?

Craig Andrew Miles

You are quite right that the locations for the parents of Isabella Taylor who married Capt. Isaac Taylor made no sense.

I've changed them (without a lot of confidence in the record) to John Wilson, of Strabane & Isabella Wilson

This is based on a register report only, unfortunately:

https://www.genealogy.com/ftm/t/a/y/Daniel-M-Taylor-HI/GENE3-0026.h...

288.Isaac Taylor, born 1710 in County Antrim, Ireland; died 06 Feb 1781 in Montgomery or Botetourt County, VA (Cripple Creek).He was the son of 576. William Nathaniel Taylor and 577. Janet Paul.He married 289. Isabella Wilson 1730 in Ireland.

289.Isabella Wilson, born 1708 in Armach, Ireland; died 1765 in Montgomery County, Augusta,Virginia.She was the daughter of 578. John Wilson and 579. Isabella Kennedy.

But I have some certainty that she was NOT the daughter of John Wilson, of North Farnham Parish who married Anne Tarpley as her first husband.

So far I find no children (or parents) for that John Wilson.

Thank you for calling attention.

Showing all 2 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion