Anna Els Finlayson (Fischbach) - Is she the sister or is she the same person?

Started by Cynthia Curtis, A183502, US7875087 on Friday, February 4, 2022
Problem with this page?

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 8 posts

Catherine Marr isn't a daughter of Philip and Elsbeth (Heimbach) Fischbach. They didn't have a daughter named Catherine.

I think we tried to correct this profile in the past!

Anna Els (Anna Elisabeth) Fischbach b. 1685, baptised on Palm Sunday, 1685 ( 5 Apr) at the Nikolai Church in Siegen. She was born in Trupbach.

Anna Elisabeth Fischbach married (1) Hans Jacob Richter on 17 Feb 1711; she married (2) John Marr after 1729 as her first husband, Hans Jacob Richter/Rector, died just prior to that. She supposedly married (3) Col. John Finlayson, but Dr. Holtzclaw could find no proof of this marriage that would have taken place after the death of John Marr in 1744.

The last record that Dr. Holtzlaw found for Anna Elisabeth (Fischbach) Rector Marr was in 1760 in Fauquier Co., Virginia.

The source for the information regarding Anna Els (Anna Elisabeth) Fischbach are:

Dr. BC Holtzclaw, Germanna Record No. 4: John Jacob Rector of Germanna, [Culpeper, Virginia: The Memorial Foundation of the Germanna Colonies in Virginia, Inc., 1963], 7-10.

Baptism record:
Archion.de: Westfalen: Landeskirchliches Archiv der Evang. Kirche > Kirchenkreis Siegen > Siegen > Taufen 1676 - 1689 Band 4, Bild 130
Mikrofilm 1933/1934

Hope this helps and we can finally get this profile straightened out.

Barb

Yes, we tried... what about the JOHN MARR--- did he marry BOTH? None of the MARR children are attributed to Anna at the database and I am inclined to believe he DID marry Catherine but NOT Anna

It bothers me to see an error and have a suspicion but not be able to follow it through lol. This is truly WHY we NEED direct descendants to weigh in with their research because I know there is some (research) and they (descendants) are out there :)

Barbara Price, A509195, the curator note says: First wife of John Marr, mother of his children.

Do the children all need to be assigned to her?

Barbara Price, A509195, the curator note says: First wife of John Marr, mother of his children.

John Marr, Sr. was married twice, first to a woman named Catherine MNU, and the second time to Anna Els/Anna Elisabeth Fischbach Rector, the widow of Hans Jacob Richter.

Dr. Holtzclaw doesn't think that John Marr, Sr., and his second wife, Anna Elisabeth Fischbach Rector had any children, all of the children are attributed to the first wife, Catherine MNU.

Anna Els/Anna Elisabeth is noted in deeds as Elizabeth Marr:
Prince William Co., Virginia Deed Book I, p. 157:
July 28, 1746, Elizabeth Marr, widow, to her son Harman Rector 100 acres in Germantwon adjoining Peter Hitt, Henry Otterback, and Col. Carter; test, James Genn, Jacob Spilman, Henry Otterbach.

Prince William Co., Virginia Deed Book I, p. 158:
July 28, 1746, John Rictor and Elizabeth Marr, widow, to John Wright and Joseph Blackwell land on the east side of Licking Run where John Rictor lives adjoining Jacob Holtzclaw and the land that Harman Fishback sold to Wright and Blackwell for the Hamilton Parish Glebe; test, Jacob Spilman, Joseph Thurman.

John Marr, Sr., was married twice to two different women, the first wife's maiden name is unknown, unfortunately.

Barb

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion