John Marr, Sr. - Did he marry sisters?

Started by Cynthia Curtis, A183502, US7875087 on Friday, February 4, 2022
Showing all 8 posts
2/4/2022 at 1:07 PM

Germanna Foundation has him married to Anna Els Finlayson but the FAG has him married to Catherine Marr and Germanna database does not show parents for her.

Barbara Price, A509195, please see.

2/4/2022 at 1:09 PM

I know FAG memorials are often in error but I think perhaps they both have some issues that only descendants will know from their research. (?)

2/5/2022 at 4:36 PM

I have sent a request to the owner of the FAG memorial for Catherine Marr Hardin twice with no response. There is no way that Catherine Marr Hardin was born in 1711 and her mother was Anna Elizabeth Fischbach Marr because Anna Els/Elisabeth Fischbach was married to Hans Jacob Richter in 1711 in Siegen, Germany and they were living in the village of Trupbach.

They not only have an incorrect marriage date to John Marr for Anna Elisabeth Fischbach, but they have added "Catherine" to her name and that's not her name. I have her baptismal record and her name in the record is Anna Els.

It's maddening!

Barb

2/5/2022 at 6:07 PM

I sent a request to remove Philip earlier today as well lol

2/5/2022 at 6:11 PM

What about Susannah Marr

2/5/2022 at 6:28 PM

Oh,boy, that one is really messed up! Looks like they've combined people and it's full of errors. I've never heard of Susannah Lough Marr, but I'll do some digging and see what I can come up with!

2/6/2022 at 11:40 AM

Barbara Price, A509195 she is curated so there's that as well. The FAG seems to be the source of t.
You know, at one time when I was on a roll with these Germanna profiles I didn't want anyone to get sick of the requests and thought to let the "dust settle" and hopefully descendants weigh in but I always revisit when they come into my view for whatever reason and yes, these very much need some TLC. I do not know if the FAG memorial manager for several of these is still active but there may need to be additional communication and likely from a different route. The same and similar names and old theories may have been ok at one point in time but when we know more and better and have good research by descendants and confirmation of genealogies with DNA, then it is time for correction of the trees/profiles/memorials :D

2/6/2022 at 12:09 PM

Yeah, FAG memorials are not always accurate, hence, the need for more research with documents to support what we find.

I'll make another try at the FAG memorial manager and find out if I can include another manager of some sort at FAG as this memorial is totally and completely inaccurate. Very confusing and promotes misinformation that just gets copied and repeated over and over again!

Barb

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion