Susanna Waller Weatherford (Waller) - Why was Lucy also called red eagle. Was the family related to the maker of red eagle hard liquor

Started by Emma Lednick on Tuesday, August 31, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 6 posts

Red eagle name

No, it’s a mixup with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Weatherford

I’ve removed “Red Eagle” from the name for Lucy Parsons

Thank you. I am related to someone and she was on the list. With the dna we found out we are related to the water hunter he is my 5th great grand father. Thank you very much

Hello Emma, It is traditionally to include the Native name that connects individuals to Citizenship in the Native Nation, herein Creek Nation, Red Eagle is the Great Grandson of Susanna and her husband "William Weatherford" since she was not a descendent of Red Eagle or Sibling the name would not include a reference to him, Charles is famous as the spouse of Sehoy and having a son named Chief Red Eagle so it is an important historical fact though and should be included in the sub notes.

Chief Red Eagle Weatherford (MP), Mvscoke Creek MP
"Lvmhe Cate Lamochattee"
Alabama, United States
(aft.1765 - 1824)

Susanna Weatherford
his daughter → William Weatherford, III
her son → Martin Weatherford
his son → Charles Weatherford ho married Sehoy lll daughter of Creek Chief

Son of Charles Weatherford and Sehoy lll Weatherford
Husband of Tunstall ? Weatherford; Mary Elizabeth “Polly” Weatherford; Sopathe (Moniac) Weatherford / Mvscoke and Mary Elizabeth Weatherford

Randy Allen Holder - I’m seeing notes that “Chief “Red Eagle” Weatherford” was actually the child of an immigrant from Scotland, and not a child of that Charles Weatherford. Do you have current information?

In any event Lucy wouldn’t have the name, as she lived before him.

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion