Marie-Anne Pelletier (Langlois) - Curator - Name repairs required

Started by Joel Morin on Saturday, March 20, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 9 posts

Dear curator,

1- Kindly remove the Pelletier married name. It is not age / area appropriate and against Geni guidelines..
2- Where did 'Marie' come from?

PRDH knows her as Anne Langlois, as should we.

merci
Joel Morin

It's locked, contact the Curator

In France they were able to marry at 12. In which this was the situation here. First child not until 18. I edited it to say after the date. so that you can feel more at ease. Wasnt the point of all this to find accuracy? Not get all bent on old rules of France?

Holly King
I don't care about ages

I do care about names.
She was never known as Pelletier then nor should she in genealogy as married names are a pain in the you-know-what and are not useful especially when multiple marriages occur - as was the case back then especially.
Women in the French regime were never considered as property of the husband as they were in the british/american world. All records in French Canada refer to the birth name

So accuracy indeed:
- no Marie unless there is a valid source to indicate such. the church records transcribed by PRDH don't show that name.
- No Pelletier, just Langlois. Don't invent a name just because that's the culture in the USA

The profile has been locked from to change it please unlock it so I can change it.

NO ONE INVENTEND A NAME. In my ancestry I have it as Anne Langlois. Ancestry is way more acurate than geni or heritage. How it became Marie I cannot tell you, could be someone merged a profile back when i joined, but that is not what I merged into Geni.
She was married to a pelletier but i didnt enter her as Pelletier for her last name. I always put maiden names. But again, people being allowed to change things causes many errors. Ancestry is way better so I will probly delete my tree from here.
I have it correct in ancestry. I think your approach could have been a little more nicer though. Considering if your related to her you would be my 8th Cousin once removed. And living in the USA has nothing to do with it. Have a nice day.

funny thing is i just tried to change it and i cant because im not the curator lol. Sorry theres like 200 people on profile so hopefully you can get it fixed. i only joined in 2020. added my line of the family but i cant make changes. sorry

Curated by: Angus Wood-Salomon your welcome.

Joel Morin - please add the PRDH reference within the profile “about” as well as the online link. I’m updating the name, but we’re only as good as source citations.

Showing all 9 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion