James? Lee, of Rowan,NC - Who are his parents?

Начала Erica Howton среда, 10 марта 2021
Возникла проблема на этой странице?

Участники:

Упомянутые профили:

Показаны все сообщения (3)
10.3.2021 в 1:27 после полудня

James Rondal Lee Is looking for more information about

James? Lee, of Rowan,NC MP
Birth: 1734
Virginia, United States
Death: circa August 1759 (20-29)
Rowan County, North Carolina, United States (Killed by the Indians )
Immediate Family:
Husband of Jane (Jones) Thompson
Father of Nancy (Lee) Riggs and Rev. James Lee, Sr.

Help appreciated. All I know is what you see in Geni.

10.3.2021 в 1:49 после полудня

Thank you Erica

I'm trying to find James Lee's parents.

this is some info i have found

Jane JONES (William ) was born about 1738 in ,,North Carolina.
Jane Jones was a member of the Regular Baptist Church and lived to be 104 years
old. She married a Mr. Lee and had a son and a daughter. The son became the
celebrated Baptist minister, Elder James Lee, and the daughter married Bethuel
Riggs, who also became a Baptist minister of note. Mr. Lee died when the
children were young and Jane married Closs Thompson, a cross-blood of Scotch
and German. He had been christened (as sprinkling was then called) in the
Church of England and was raised in that church but soon after his marriage he
became a Regular Baptist. For many years he was a deacon in the Baptist church
and died at the age of 53 years. He and his family came to Kentucky with the
family of James and Mary Wilson in 1787. Most of the descendants of Elder
Wilson Thompson lived in Indiana.

Parents
Father:

• Unknown
Mother:

• Unknown

Family
Marriage:
• Married: Jane Jones on ABT 1758.
• Jane Jones
Children:
1. James Lee: Birth: ABT 1760 in Culpeper, Virginia. Death: ABT 1819 in Vigo County, Indiana
2. Person Not Viewable

Notes
a. Note: married Jane Jones prob in VA. They moved to Rowan Co NC. In 1759 dau Nancy was born, and Jane became pregnant shortly thereafter. The unknown Lee was killed by Indians in late summer. In Oct 1759, Widow Jane Lee married Closs Thompson, a close friend of Daniel Boone, who signed the marriage bond. The Cherokee were so fierce that shortly after the wedding, the Thompson-Lee, and Boone families moved to Culpepper Co VA for a year. Jane Lee-Thompson's child was born, James Lee Sr. The family moved back to Rowan Co Nc and settled on 564 acre land grant from Lord Granville on the south Yadkin River.
 James Lee, Sr later moved to Va c Dec 1783, then to KY shortly after that. In 1787 he became a minister in the Clear Creek Baptist Church, Fayette Co KY. In 1799, he was appointed minister of a Baptist Church in Butler Co OH. In 1816 he moved to Vigo Co IN and was minister to the town of Prairie Creek.
Note: James Lee Sr bc 1760 Culpepper Co PA, d 1819 Vigo Co IN (across the river from Edgar Co IL and near White Co IL). Jame's father's name is unknown, BUT this much is known about him: 1758 Unknown Lee ma

A little more about the James Lee who married Jane Jones:
"This brief history was taken from the family Bible of Martin K. Lee's grandfather, James Lee, who was mentioned in this: James Lee was a native of Virginia, he married Mary Jones of VA, he became a companion of Daniel Boone, and served as a soldier in the War of Revolution. He was an elder in the Baptist Church. They moved to KY in an early day. He was ordained to the ministry at Elk Creek Church, Spencer Co KY. At the same time, his friend and neighbor, Thomas Pound, was ordained as deacon at the same church. In the year 1816, he made an exploring trip to IN along the Wabash River in Sullivan and Vigo Counties and during that trip helped to organize First Prairie Creek Baptist Church the 4th Sat. in May1816, at which time he became pastor and continued until his death in 1819. He moved from KY to OH and in 1817 to Vigo Co where he resided until his death. James Lee and his wife, Mary, were charter members.
Primitive Baptist
Jane Jones, my other grandmother, (my father’s mother) first married a man by the name of Lee, by whom she had a son and a daughter. The son became the celebrated Baptist minister whose praise was in many of the churches, and who was known as Elder James Lee. The daughter married Bethuel Riggs, who also became a Baptist minister of note. After the birth of these two children Elder Lee died, and Jane, the widow, married Gloss Thompson, a cross-blood of Scotch and German, and my father was the first child of this marriage.-Autobiography: Ancestry, Birth, Early Childhood, and Education; Written by Wilson Thompson
Now I shall proceed more particularly to narrate my own history. As stated above, I was born on the 17th day of August, A. D. 1788, the first child of my parents. It was thought that both mother and child must immediately die. The friends were called in, and Elder James Lee, my father’s half-brother, being then a young preacher, was requested to engage in prayer. -Autobiography: Ancestry, Birth, Early Childhood, and Education; Written by Wilson Thompson
I then visited my half-uncle, Elder James Lee, who then lived near the mouth of Twin Creek, Butler County, Ohio, and I tried to preach a few times while out there.-Autobiography: Journey to Missouri ; Written by Wilson Thompson
I visited this neighborhood and preached at the house of John Lee, son of Elder James Lee, before mentioned.- Autobiography: Labor in the Ohio Churches; Written by Wilson Thompson
During this tour I visited the widow of Elder James Lee. Lee had moved from Miami to Honey Creek, and had settled his family on new land, and died soon afterward.-Autobiography: First Contact with Missionary Concept; Written by Wilson Thompson
http://primitivebaptist.info/mambo//content/view/1195/36/
ftp://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/in/vigo/cemetery/n-harmon.txt

10.3.2021 в 1:59 после полудня

Have you or any males close to you taken a Y DNA test?

https://www.familytreedna.com/groups/lee/about

Показаны все сообщения (3)

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении