Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 5 posts

@Dafydd Llwyd ab Adam Fychan

and

Dafydd ab Adam Fychan

Are these the same guy?

No, according to my curator’s notes up at the top of each profile.

I put them there especially to help people see that such siblings are not the same person.

It was common for siblings to have the same name, or variants of the same name.

In this case, one is Dafydd and one is Dafydd Llwyd (the grey).

I have got to train myself to read the curator notes at the top of the profile pages. I can't tell you how many times I overlook them because I'm so busy looking at stuff farther down the page! I do know, for all the reasons you mentioned, that there are cases of same-name (or nearly same) siblings such as this, but wanted to be sure. I'd save time for me and others if I'd just read the curator notes at the top of the page! So sorry, Anne!

Good answer Anne.

In my family tree we have a lot of siblings with the same problems and then they name their children with the same names and it turns into one super mess.

Johann Peter names all his children Johann something, ie: Johann Peter II, Johann Heinrich, Johann Frederic, etc. THEN they name all their children the same and many times wrong children end up with wrong grandchildren and the mistakes double and triple.

It's a real day long job getting things sorted out.. IF they ever do get sorted out.

Thank you Anne for your little notes. They have helped me NUMEROUS times.

You are both very welcome!

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion