Magteld Magdalena van Heerden van der Merwe, b10 SM/PROG - Parents

Started by Private User on Tuesday, June 11, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing all 10 posts
Private User
6/11/2019 at 12:29 AM

In the sources listed for Magteld almost all of them list her parents as Willem van der Merwe and Elsje Cloete.

A family tree that was drawn up by my grandfather (who has Magteld listed as his 7 times great grandmother), also has this link (I am not aware of what sources my grandfather used).

Is there a reason that Magteld's parents are not linked on her profile?

Many thanks.
Ron (I am new here, please go easy)

6/11/2019 at 12:56 AM

She is my 8th great grandmother on my maternal side - but I don't have any documentation or information to add about her - sorry

6/11/2019 at 3:22 AM

That's a bit bizarre - those parents show as being there on both the profiles before you merged into it.

6/11/2019 at 3:36 AM

I've returned her to them. Thanks for spotting that. Possibly rather Request Management on profiles instead of merging in duplicates in future.

Private User
6/11/2019 at 4:09 AM

Did I mess it all up? oops , so sorry. Not sure how that happened.

6/11/2019 at 5:44 AM

I don't know that you did. It's a mystery :-)

Private User
6/11/2019 at 11:13 AM

Quick related question. If both her parents are PROGs how is it possible for her to be one too?
The SM I understand. But I'm confused about the PROG. I thought that designation was only for the first male and female of a line in SA, it should then follow that with both parents (or even just her mother) having the designation then Magteld should not?

6/11/2019 at 11:26 AM

Hmm - well-spotted. She isn't a PROG. I'll change that.

J P Weyers
5/18/2021 at 9:30 AM

-- and she is a Prog again !

Showing all 10 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion