Richard Ingraham - Parentage of Richard Ingraham

Начала Hatte Anne Blejer четверг, 14 февраля 2019
Возникла проблема на этой странице?

Участники:

Упомянутые профили:

Показаны все сообщения (8)
14.2.2019 в 3:31 после полудня

Apparently, his parentage has also not been proven. I don't have all three volumes of Robert Charles Anderson unpacked, but if someone does, can you look him up please? Robert Charles Anderson (The Great Migration Begins, NEGHS) is the most up-to-date source for these Great Migration (1620-1640) families.

During the fad of vanity genealogies in the late 1800s and even previous to that time, many claims of noble ancestry were made for colonial Americans. And unfortunately, many of the claims were speculative, with no or little basis.

Shall we detach the unproven parents?

Normally, that is best practice for Geni to remain a credible and useful source. We can leave reference to various claims and hypotheses in the Overview.

14.2.2019 в 4:03 после полудня

Did these people exist ?

Michael Stallyon & Sheena Stallyon

The Ingraham pedigree is from Cutter:

https://books.google.com/books?id=e88UAAAAYAAJ&lpg=PA140&dq...

And Geni has it wrong.

I’ll look at Great Migration shortly but Richard may not be in it.

14.2.2019 в 4:07 после полудня

===Origins

From https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Ingraham-26

>Richard's parents are UNKNOWN. He's NOT the son of Jane Mallory and Arthur Ingram, esq. Neither is he the son of Jane Mallory, daughter of Sir William Mallory and wife of Thomas Lascelles. He's also not the son of Sir John Mallory's two daughters, Jane (d. infant or young) or Jane II (bur. Rippon)

—-

I’ve disconnected and locked relationships.

14.2.2019 в 4:07 после полудня

Also - you want to deal with the fictional wife

Disputed Wife

The genealogy published by Raymon Meyers Tingley in 1935 stated that Alexander Wignall was the father of Elizabeth, wife of Richard Ingraham. Robert Charles Anderson states, regarding the 1935 article by Tingley: "Nothing is known about the wife of Richard Ingraham, and this whole construction apparently derived from Tingley's imagination."[2]

14.2.2019 в 4:36 после полудня

I got a slew of very helpful messages from users today questioning parents who were all erroneous in fact when I checked.

I love it when Geni works this way, demonstrating the power of crowds (well a couple of people) improving the family tree over time.

I can deal with the fictional wife. Thank you for the research and the edits.

Private User
14.2.2019 в 4:57 после полудня

I recognize Stephen Avery Kelley's name from the Groton Avery clan project page. I don't have my inherited copy of The Groton Averys to reference, but he seemed like he had stuck close to that source in profiles he manages. He also responded to me when I first asked about joining that project. Maybe he'll be able to help on the mysterious Stallyons! Thanks to you both for cleaning up those profiles I pointed out. :-)

14.2.2019 в 6:17 после полудня

I just got closer related to this family although Geni is showing a different path.

Abigail Baker Is my 9th great aunt.

She had been married to the wrong Samuel Baker.

“According to the 1925 Robinson Genealogy, Samuel Baker, husband of Fear Robinson, relocated from Barnstable to Conn. in 1704 where he m. as his 2nd wife the widow Abigail (Lothrop) Huntington, and then d. in Windham, Conn. shortly before June 7, 1715. This is repeated in numerous modern texts including in the Great Migration Begins. Unfortunately, this claim is based on an error by Charles Manwaring in Vol. 2 of his Digest of the Early Connecticut Probate Records, Hartford District, in which Manwaring misstated the place that Samuel Baker, husband of Abigail Lothrop, died, which was Windsor, not Windham, Conn. Barnstable town records prove that Samuel Baker, husband of Fear Robinson, was alive and residing in Barnstable on Mar. 24, 1714/5. For a complete explanation of this error see Abigail (Lothrop) Huntington's Second Husband, Samuel Baker, of Windsor, Connecticut, in the NEHGS REGISTER (Vol. 161, April 2007, pp. 123-126).”

Deacon Samuel Baker (My 8th cousin) was a step son of Richard Ingraham, of Northampton (My first cousin thrice removed's wife's 6th great grandfather) by his 2nd wife Joan Ingraham (My 7th c x 11)

I’m confused too!

14.2.2019 в 8:55 после полудня

Abigail Baker (Lathrop) is my first cousin 9 times removed. I'm a Lathrop descendant. You and I worked on the early Lathrops together a decade ago!

Great correction. Thank you.

Показаны все сообщения (8)

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении