Abigail Thayer (Harvey) - Abigail Thayer Children

Started by Elizabeth Ann Jesse on Sunday, January 20, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 9 posts
1/20/2019 at 4:04 PM

I am confused about Abigail's b. 1640 children. Have I seen records that say her children were not known, or was that a different Abigail? This profile says she was the mother of Mary Burt, of Taunton. Is this proven?

1/20/2019 at 6:13 PM

http://mdhervey.com/xtra_pages/archive/HERVEY/HBOOK.PDF Page 9 shows her parents

Will have to look for Thayer records for children.

1/20/2019 at 6:16 PM
1/20/2019 at 6:30 PM

I don’t see any issues about Mary (Thayer) Burt.

"New England Historic Genealogical Society." New England Historic Genealogical Society. N.p., n.d. Web. 24 Jan. 2014.. Notes marriage "Thayer, Mary and James Burt, Sept. 2, 1685.*" Mary and James Burt, Sept. 2, 1685. Intention not recorded. Ancestry.com Source: Vital Records of Taunton also in Torrey’s New England Marriages before 1700 AncestryImage

There was a different Abigail Harvey - married to Briggs of Braintree I think.

1/20/2019 at 6:50 PM

Thank you. So, it all looks correct to you then?

1/20/2019 at 6:53 PM

Yes, it looks fine.

1/20/2019 at 11:34 PM

The Harvey book : giving the genealogies of certain branches of the American families of Harvey, Nesbitt, Dixon, and Jameson....says that Abigail's children, other than Nathaniel, were not known. The other issue I am wondering about has to do with Abigail's husband. There are records that show there were two Nathaniel's, born the same year (probably cousins) about a month apart. If you look at Nathaniel Thayer's profile, someone added the notes about the different Nathanials and that the birth dates were different. No one has changed the dates yet in the profile though.

1/22/2019 at 3:35 PM

Private User

Showing all 9 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion