The Grand Parents who may not indeed be who Geni says they are.

Started by Marvin Loyd Welborn (Tink) ♒️ on Sunday, October 14, 2018
Showing all 8 posts
10/14/2018 at 2:58 PM

Okay, here we go. I hate doing this, as I'm 'killing off' what Geni.com considers as my ancestors; but, in truth, are they really?

Bertram de Verdon Bertram I de Verdun is listed as my 26th GGF and son of the following:

Godfrey VI "The Hunchback" de Lower Lorraine Godfrey III-IV "The Hunchback" duke of Lower Lorraine
and the illustrious Marquise Matilde di Canossa di Toscane Matilda di Canossa, the Great Countess of Tuscany

Unfortunately, all historical material I've found thus far tells me that Matilde never married the Hunchback, nor did she have a son, but a daughter, Beatrice, who died very young.

Hmm. Anyone else with this same problem? a 27th GGM who may indeed not be?

10/14/2018 at 3:02 PM

...unless..... this illustrious lady, who was said to be having a 'thing' with the Pope, was also having a 'thing' with the Lower Lorraine Hunchback....all of which, I doubt. Think I'm gonna have to 'set her free.'

10/14/2018 at 3:04 PM

P.S. I've notified all pertinent Profile Managers of this anomaly; hoping for some clarification.

10/14/2018 at 8:49 PM

Indeed, this connection needs to be broken.

We can give it a bit of time in case anybody has reliable evidence, but if we don’t hear from any one I will detach.

We can always reattach if evidence shows up later.

10/15/2018 at 4:48 AM

....best GGM I never had. : )

Private User
10/15/2018 at 8:17 AM

Apparently Matilde is my 28th great grandmother! My word she did around didn't she ha ha ha. How she fits into my ever growing list of great grandparents is beyond me! I didn't think I could have so many of them. Must be going into the 200 mark by now lol!

Private User
10/19/2018 at 7:20 PM

Well, on that Note, I do not know why people insert gedcom matches into here at all,

it may as well be copy pasted, with out accuracy , every one seems to be at ease with it, but unless you yourself actually cite something, there are all kinds of variables,

"think your smart"? no lol, i have come across so many mistakes, because people just copy paste other peoples work, who have copy pasted some one elses, ,lines wrong, siblings inacurate, i wont go on. i just wish it did not happen.

Private User
10/19/2018 at 7:25 PM

And then, when you question where they got their information from Gosh!!! all hell breaks loose, i have had recent discussion and questioning to a Curator,, who would not answer me when i asked them their sources, at least 3 times i asked, instead i was blocked!!! by them

and so i end this notice, with a smile.

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion