Gansevanger

Started by Private User on Tuesday, September 18, 2018
Showing all 18 posts
Private User
9/18/2018 at 1:13 PM

Hi,
I would like to trace her ancestors back in Nederland.

Catharina "Trijntje" Theunisz Verwey (Ganzevanger) SM/PROG

9/19/2018 at 4:26 AM

Hello C. Barry,
According to my google search there does not seem to be a Millegen in the Netherlands. However there is a Millingen a/d Rijn and a Milligen, so which one ?/

Have you tried - www.openarchive.nl - ?

Ganzevanger is not a common name in the Netherlands, so it should not be too difficult to trace, but you want to go quit far back and somewhere I noticed they were Huguenots, so possibly originate from Belgium or northern France ?

Good luck,

Gerard Lemmens

Private User
9/19/2018 at 6:58 AM

Yes, I did start a project some time ago, but did not get far.

https://www.geni.com/projects/Gansevanger/39072

Thanks

9/19/2018 at 3:47 PM

Millingen a/d Rijn was just Millingen prior to the creation of Nieuw Millingen in the 20th century.
But Millegen to Milligen is a more plausible spelling transition than Millegen to Millingen.

You need to find the source for Millegen.

Either way researching someone born about 1610 in NL is very unlikely to turn up much evidence unless you are very lucky.

Private User
9/20/2018 at 3:21 AM

Thought so, I not so lucky :-(

Dankie

Private User
9/29/2019 at 1:15 AM

About Millegen there are three millegen in the Netherlands.
One in Zwolle, One in Apeldoorn and there is one at the river Rijn.

To make it easier there is an old MIllegen and a new Millegen, both close to each other (apeldoorn) and the one in Zwolle.
Alll three are very small cities so in combination with the surname it is unique enough.

I am sorry for the late response.

Private User
9/29/2019 at 2:36 PM

Thanks

Private User
9/30/2019 at 3:21 AM

If there are new questions (ask them) or stil open questions (please reask them) just let it know as long it is on the subject Gansevanger.

Private User
9/30/2019 at 3:26 AM

To make it complicated there is also one Miliingen near Dalfsen see https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millingen_(Overijssel)

Private User
9/30/2019 at 3:28 AM

In case you do not know Gansevanger is the name of a profession.

10/5/2019 at 7:06 AM

I am afraid Jeroen van Dijk that you are making a typo when you write Millegen, you mean Millingen ?? I know a Millingen (a/d Rijn) in the Netherlands but there is also a Millingen just over the border from Nijmegen into Germany.
My mother was born in Millingen a/d Rijn !
Regards,

Gerard

Private User
10/6/2019 at 5:07 AM

Yes millingen. We have te problem we in a source we have only Millingen and the Netherlands and we need to findout if in which part of the country this person is born. And Millingen a/d Rijn is an option, but that in the source an typo is made is also an option. And that I did make a typo is a fact and I am afraid I will make more typo's. Making mistakes and typo's is a fact we need humans need to life with. ( With live and life I constantly are thinking that is the same word.) Let say I do not discriminate between the v and the f sound. They are the same for me. And I Millegen is just another way to write Millingen. If it sounds the same it must be the same or can be the same name for the same place.

Gerard W.Ch. Lemmens thanx for your reaction.

10/6/2019 at 6:04 AM

Jeroen,

You seem to have a long and complicated way of sorry I have made a typo! I am afraid I can not appreciate such long winded messages, hence I sahll not waste my valuable time in the future! Toodeloo, Gerard

Private User
10/6/2019 at 9:24 AM

en nou raak Gansevaner gaan haal die bobbejaan agter die berg

10/6/2019 at 11:08 AM

@C Barry: *bult
:-)

Private User
10/7/2019 at 10:41 AM

te lank terug daai idioom gebruik

Private User
10/7/2019 at 10:47 AM

Thanks for all contributions. With or without mistakes, that is why we have discussions.
Communication is progression. Mistakes is human and people are people.

As one guesthouse said on a message board. "We like all our Guests. Some when they arrive and some when the leave."

10/7/2019 at 11:32 AM

@C Barry: Thank you for tolerating my tongue-in-cheek comment. In response to your last post, I'd like to finally add a quote from a very dear person I knew and loved when she was still in life, Neeltje van Amersfoort, SM/Prog. She was the mother of my brother-in-law, and she immigrated to South Africa from Rotterdam. She was a very special, individualistic person who never relinquished her Dutch-ness:

"Een gast brengt altijd vreugde aan. Is het niet bij het komen dan is het bij het gaan."

Showing all 18 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion