Marie-Madeleine Naomie Naomi Couteau - Married half brother

Started by Dianne Despault on Tuesday, February 7, 2017
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 12 posts
2/7/2017 at 10:45 AM

All the information I am seeing shows that Etienne and Marie Magdaleine had the same mother but different fathers. Could this be so? I need more information to prove/disprove this. In Catholic France, unless one was royalty, I cannot see this being allowed by the church.
If anyone has any further information about this, I would love to read it!
ddsuarez@charter.net

Private User
2/7/2017 at 4:38 PM

I don't believe Etienne's parents are known. I'm going to disconnect that connection.

2/7/2017 at 4:50 PM

Private User Before disconnect let's research about it. With no rush. I'm going to begin the research to help to find out this.

2/7/2017 at 4:55 PM

Etienne parents are: Martin St. Pere and Magine Mac Campaigne.

Private User
2/7/2017 at 5:27 PM

Felipe González de Otoya De Narváez can you provide a source for that? I did a little research before doing so and didn't find anything. For example, FrancoGene, which is pretty reliable doesn't have anything.

http://www.francogene.com/genealogie-quebec-genealogy/016/016192.php

Nor does nosorigines.
http://www.nosorigines.qc.ca/GenealogieQuebec.aspx?pid=36196&pa...

Only entry from Fichieroigine:
http://www.fichierorigine.com/recherche?numero=241054

The sources at Wikitree appear to be PRDH and Rapport de l'archiviste de la province de Québec and I don't see a father listed for Etienne in any of them.

2/8/2017 at 4:52 AM

Felipe, would be excited to see a source for your new information!

2/8/2017 at 5:29 AM

Hi Dianne... I just found that information in his MyHeritage Smart Match... that clarifies that he wasn't half brother of his wife. I'm trying to get more sources to that.

2/9/2017 at 3:49 AM

Thank you Felipe. I'll pursue the new names as well and see if I can find anything more.

Private User
2/9/2017 at 6:32 AM

I'm still not finding anything reliable. I'll give it another day or so, but without more evidence, I'll disconnect the parents of Etienne.

2/9/2017 at 11:30 AM

Private User Hold on.. I hope that a Geni Curator or Genir User based in France help us here.

Private User
2/9/2017 at 11:46 AM

I am one of the Curators that covers French Canadian ancestry, but let me tag some additional ones - maybe they'll find something. morel, Paul Louis Doré, Private User, Angus Wood-Salomon, Byron Jason Whitesides

I haven't seen a record or research text, but someone at WikiTree thought that "Dictionnaire Genealogique Des Familles du Quebec" might have a source for the father being Jean St-Pair. However, I would expect to see that reflected in common French / Canadian sites if it was accepted.

2/9/2017 at 12:52 PM

Yes I know that you cover French Canadian ancestry... I few other hands that can help us can be great.

Showing all 12 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion