Johannes Hagman - Request for manager response about Johannes

Начал Jim Wile пятница, 1 января 2016
Возникла проблема на этой странице?

Участники:

Упомянутые профили:

1.1.2016 в 6:17 после полудня

I am a descendant of Johannes Hagmann (Hackmann) and did the research on the family at Muttersholtz in Alsace and further back in Zurich. I am a bit confused by the entry on Johannes Jacob Hackman. First the record of his birth in the records of Muttersholtz, dated 29 Nov. 1663 gives his name only as Johannes, not "Johannes Jacob". He had an older brother "Johann Jacob", born about 1660-61, probably before the family arrived at Muttersholtz.
This Johannes lived at Ibersheim,near Worms, and died prior to 1738. No wife or daughters for this Johannes or "Hans" as he is also listed, have been identified. His son, Jacob Hackman (signed his name Hagman), b. about 1694 was an early settler in the Shenandoah Valley (by 1736) and died in 1765. He had at least ten children. I have never seen the name of a daughter Anna Justina listed in any records in Virginia so am curious about the origins of your information on Anna Justina, died in 1739 Berkeley County, WV ? I am always interest in any bits of documentary records of Hagman/Hackmans in that early period in Virginia. I find it hard to believe any of these people were in the Dakotas in 1736! No Europeans had gone beyond the Appalachians until much later. Any clarifications you can give me will be appreciated. I like to see conflicting data on here reconciled.
Thanks,
Daniel W. Bly

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении