Thomas Wentworth, I - Corrections

Started by Carole (Erickson) Pomeroy,Vol. Curator on Thursday, September 17, 2015
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 10 posts
9/17/2015 at 11:26 AM

This Profile has been wrongly merged with Thomas Wentworth, son of son of Agnes (Dronsfield) & Sir John Wentworth

The Profiles were both MP's. How did this happen?

Private User
9/17/2015 at 12:09 PM

When you see 68 managers you would think it was a bad merge that is why i do not merge my tree ????

9/17/2015 at 12:24 PM

Carole (Erickson) Pomeroy,Vol. Curator

My sincerest apologies when I merged these everything lined up parents and all... I copied the about me from one into the other if that is any help

I hope you can straighten it out...again my sincerest apologies

9/17/2015 at 12:36 PM

I was able to extract the wrongly merged profile for Thomas Wentworth son of Agnes Wentworth & Sir John Wentworth

I don't know how he could of gotten wrongly merged as I was Curator of both the profiles. This would of involved a curator removing one of the profiles as a MP.

If he was involved with a wrong merge with a regular profile, a undo merge would be more appropriate then removing conflicting parents and information.

9/17/2015 at 12:44 PM

Thank you for saving the information for the Thomas'

I have a file for the profiles that I curate and keep information saved for the profiles when I curate them, I also save the URL, so the Thomas extracted has the URL which I saved for him.

The only thing is he seems to have lost a lot of his managers, I have 11 listed in my file but he only has 2 now.

Private User
9/17/2015 at 2:02 PM

Thing is, somebody had put duplicate profiles on the tree a generation or two apart. This is something you have to watch out for, because it usually means somebody's research was badly flawed.

Jane Mirfield was on the tree twice, once attached to the WRONG Thomas Wentworth (and their dates clashed horribly).

All the confusion has resulted from an attempt to undo that screw-up.

I saw in the Smart Matches for Thomas Wentworth some one on MyHeritage had his parents correct but had the wife Jane Mirfield and the son Oliver.

I have added myself as a manager to the two Thomas Wentworth's whom I curate, & I have removed the bad Smart Match.

Private User
9/17/2015 at 2:28 PM

There's a tool that imports information from "Smart" Matches - if used without extreme care, it can cause a great deal of trouble.

I don't use the tool, but have seen some profiles that have been updated via the tool. It leaves a notice in the About section of the profile. No notice was on either Thomas Wentworth's, so it was not the cause, but some one could of viewed a Smart Match and entered profiles with the bad connections, which were merged.

7/27/2018 at 1:46 PM

Hello. Could anybody be so kind as tell me where is the attached picture of the sarcophagus taken. I would be much obliged. Many thanks.

Showing all 10 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion