Chief Red Eagle Lanochatte - red eagel

Started by huey lewis on Saturday, February 16, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• Chief Red Eagle (William Weatherford) Artist J.R. Chapin, Engraver W. Ridgway (cropped) Library of Congress. from https://www.nps.gov/hobe/learn/historyculture/major-participants-in-the-creek-war.htm

Related Projects:

Showing all 4 posts
2/16/2013 at 7:22 PM

Hi i am huey lewis and Chief red eagel is my 9th grand pa back and i would like to find more info out bout him

Private User
3/2/2013 at 7:48 AM

Did anyone ever reply to you?

Have you seen his profile:
William "Red Eagle" Weatherford, Muscoke Creek

There is a lot of information there.

He was one of my ancestor's third cousin.

His father Charles Weatherford went from Virginia to Alabama to be a trader with the Creek Indians. He married Sehoy III, who was an Indian Princess. William Weatherford, also know as Red Eagle Lanochette, was their son. Red Eagle was more than half of European descent, but was fully Indian in his cultural thinking. He led the Creeks in the Battle of Horseshoe Bend and negotiated the peace with Andrew Jackson after the battle.

8/6/2013 at 3:52 PM

Chief RED EAGLE owned land on the OSAGE reservation

8/6/2013 at 3:56 PM

by the book at amozon.com $4.oo Records of the following Choctaw Commissioners: Publius R. Pray, James Murray, and Peter D. Vroom, 1837-38; and John Claiborne, Ralph Graves, William Tyler, George Gaines,
. George S. Gaines, "Reminiscences," originally appeared as a series in the Mobile Press Register, 1872, Mobile, Alabama, clippings from Mississippi Department of Archives and History (MDAH), Z 431f and Z 239, Box 12, folder 8; a later, second series of reminiscences

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion