• Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni member

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 7 posts
Private User
10/13/2012 at 1:08 PM

Abigail Howard is my fifth-great-grandmother. I am trying to find her listing on an actual copy of the 1860 Census mortality schedule, /not/ a text index (like what's on Ancestry). I am pretty sure that she died in Jamaica, Windham County, Vermont, but I can't confirm it. Finding the Jamaica mortality schedule would help a lot. Does anyone know of a website that has Vermont mortality schedule images digitized, or am I heading to the library this week?

If anyone else happens to be working on Abigail (which I doubt), I've also found several mentions of her possibly being a Morton by birth, but I have nothing confirming that and also haven't come across that name so far in Jamaica (where she and her husband lived) or in Townshend (where her husband was originally from). I'll keep trying to track down the connection, if it actually exists.

Private User
10/13/2012 at 1:09 PM

To be clear, this is an index: http://www.geni.com/documents/view?doc_id=6000000017762832001

I want a scan of the actual original document.

(And I just realized I uploaded the index to her profile twice...whoops.)

Private User
10/13/2012 at 6:27 PM

Private User

I have info on Abigale Howard you are looking for. There a a couple of items that differ no biggy how would you want to recieve it? I prefer pdf if thats ok ....... let me know......have a nice day

Private User
10/13/2012 at 8:13 PM

Private User, that's great news! I've sent you a PM.

Private User
10/14/2012 at 4:48 AM

Sent.....have a nice day

Private User
10/14/2012 at 7:11 PM

Thanks, Dave! That was actually the 1850 Census, not the 1860 Census mortality schedule, but I still appreciate it. :) I'll let you know if I find anything else.

Private User
10/15/2012 at 5:10 AM

Sorry Ashley, I have 1860 census also It's has been sent. I had a brain cloud and I thought I merged both on pdf. with other notes. The problem you were having with the 1860 census is that it was enumerated 8 Aug 1860 and Abigail passed 14 Apr1860 just prior to census results. Look at 1850 schedule it is not William Howard it is Williard (census typo) also Abigail is Abagail (census typo). Be aware of Fanny Abigail Howard born, lived, and died in Windham also same period close dates. I am fairly sure the above is accurate

The Following I have not really checked out. I do feel they are very good candidates to explore... I do not have enough records to say they are definite..........
Abigail was not a Morton I found no info as of yet with reference to Townshend ( I love the spelling). She was a Chase as far as I see.
Father: Peter Chase
Birth: 24Feb1770 Petersham, Massachusetts
Married: 27Jan1798 Petersham, Massachusetts
Death:16Aug1851 Jamaica, Vermont

Mother:Mary (Polly) Holt (a lot of Polly hits also a daughter Polly Chase)
Birth: 18Sep1774 New Salem, Essex, Massachusetts
Married: 27Jan1798 Petersham, Massachusetts
Death: 13May1829 Jamaica, Vermont

Hope this helps......sorry I phazed on first reply ..... have a nice day!

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion